The year is coming to an end and it’s time to recapitulate a little bit. What a year, right!? Nobody expected we would still have to keep suffering from COVID and its consequences, but there it is, making us score 10 points in resilience, altering our peaceful existence, and above all, altering our beloved EPSO competitions. Still, 2021 brought us quite many things, let’s see it. [If you want to read the Spanish version of this article – click here]
What were the 2021 EPSO competitions like from the candidate‘s perspective?
Long, very long, but as our favorite Pisan physicist used to say «Eppur si muove». Competitions that started in 2019 and got blocked by the pandemic, like Administrators in Competition Law EPSO/AD/374/19, Administrators in the field of Audit EPSO/AD/372/19 – AD 5 and AD 7 , Graduate Administrators EPSO/AD/373/19, went through and reached their end. Competition law and Audit were particularly challenging, part of the candidates took the Assessment Centre in person, while others did so online. Last, the candidates in Administrators in international cooperation and managing aid to non-EU countries EPSO/AD/380/19 – AD7 and AD7, after the longest Assessment Centre ever (each test was done in separate dates for each candidate, the tortu… Assessmen Centre lasted from May until the end of October). Now, we are waiting, fingers crossed for their results.
2021: a year full of hope… or new competitions
Despite the bleak prospect, life and EPSO went on and new competitions came to life, so we published more than 15 posts analysing different competitions, among others: Administrators AD6 in the area of Agriculture- EPSO/AD/389/21; Administrators in the field of Chemicals Policy- EPSO/AD/390/21 ; Administrators (AD 6) in the field of DATA PROTECTION -EPSO/AD/393/21; Anti-fraud investigators (AD7) and Anti-fraud experts (AD9) -EPSO/AD/394/21 and Administrators in the field of maritime affairs and fisheries competition- EPSO/AD/397/21. In total, more than 500 vacancies were released in 2021, in addition to the 700 coming from 2020 competitions that were still going on (EU law, Secretaries, External relations).
After so many competitions released in 2021 and more still lagging from 2020, candidates are facing a fantastic traffic jam of assessments, talent screeners and eligibility checks that drive them crazy. We tried to update all of them at once several times (in January, July and November- info still valid). We also organized some free webinars to tackle the talent screeners, which were uploaded to our Youtube channel. Sometimes we received bad news, such as the announcement of no-competition for AD5 generalist in 2021, of which we tried to make semse in the broader context. Finally, in other occasions we gave you a boost when an Agency announced large hiring processes.
2022 is coming
Full of new opportunities, 2022 will open with 9 competitions for IT profiles (AD7, AD8 and AST 4 levels), right after Auditors will open again, with Space and Defense in parallel and many more. To be seen if AD5 generalist is back in town too, and what other specialist competitions are coming.
This is only the beginning, stay tuned and ready!
And the YSE team did…
For us 2021 was hectic too, the team increased and we came up with new possibilities to help you. Wether it is our classic CBT trainings our Assessment sessions ( Competency based interview, Oral presentation, Situational Competency Based Interview, Field related interview, Case Study, Written test, etc.) CAST sessions , coaching or application review, we did our best to assist you. Did we succeed? We would like to think so. Dozens of candidates joined the reserve list in Competition law, Generalist AD5 (Graduate administrators), Audit or in specialized profiles such as Lawyer linguist, where we helped 2 of our candidates to get into the reserve list. However, our record is for one of our candidates who passed… 3 competitions! in 2 years. Last but not least, the Graduate Administrators in Spanish language, who suffered all possible curses with their case study and after a long long wait, got their results (4 months later than the rest of the candidates) but as the good stories, it ended well (at least for our candidates).
In the meantime, we have managed to create a TELEGRAM channel (EN/ES): Haz click aquí para unirte/Click here to join to keep you updated on vacancies, new competitions and all kinds of useful information for you. We also try to keep up to the expectations in our instagram,linkedin, facebook (don’t forget to subscribe and click on «like» 🙂 ).
Now it’s time to wish you a happy new year 2022!!! We are getting ready to help you achieve your goal of starting or continuing your career in the European institutions.
All of our 2021 posts in one list (from older to more recent)
- The CBT tests are back : EU law, Secretaries, External relations and more!
- Analizamos la convocatoria de Administradores AD6 en el ámbito de la agricultura- EPSO/AD/389/21
- Analizamos la convocatoria de Correctores de pruebas / verificadores lingüísticos EPSO/AST/148/21
- Analysis of the Administrators in the field of Chemicals Policy- EPSO/AD/390/21
- La Agencia Europea de Investiación (REA) saca ¡¡¡65 plazas!!!
- Análisis de la oposición de Administradores AD6 en el área de la política de sustancias y preparados químicos- EPSO/AD/390/21
- Análisis de la oposición para Inspectores Nucleares AST – EPSO/AST/149/21
- Análisis de la oposición de Administradores AD7 – Expertos/as en apoyo técnico a las reformas estructurales de los Estados miembros y expertos/as en el acervo de Schengen- EPSO/AD/391/21
- Análisis al anuncio de EPSO para AD5 generalistas
- Administrators (AD 7) in the Field of HEALTH & FOOD SAFETY – Profile policymaking and law-making in the field of food safety- EPSO/AD/392/21 – 2
- Administrators (AD 7) in the Field of HEALTH and FOOD SAFETY – Profile policymaking and law-making in the field of health- EPSO/AD/392/21 – 1
- Administrators AD7 in the Field of HEALTH & FOOD SAFETY – Profile in auditing, inspection and evaluation in the field of health and food safety- EPSO/AD/392/21 – 3
- The competitions are moving!! EU law, Secretaries, External relations and more!
- Analysis of the Administrators (AD 6) in the field of DATA PROTECTION -EPSO/AD/393/21
- Analizamos la convocatoria de Técnicos y asistentes EPSO/AST/150/21-ámbito 1-Técnicos audiovisuales y 2- Técnicos de construcción.
- Analizamos la convocatoria de Técnicos y asistentes EPSO/AST/150/21-ámbito 3 Técnicos de laboratorio y EPSO/AST-SC/11/21 asistentes de laboratorio
- Analysis of ANTI-FRAUD INVESTIGATORS (AD 7) AND ANTI-FRAUD EXPERTS (AD 9) competition-EPSO/AD/394/21
- Analysis of Administrators in digital forensics and in operational and strategic analysis competition-EPSO/AD/395/21
- Winter is coming!!! Well… Assessment Centres are coming (major update of all competitions)
- Guide to practice(for free) the translation test of the European Parliament Language Professional competitions
- Analysis of the Administrators in the field of maritime affairs and fisheries competition- EPSO/AD/397/21